For the coming month there's no blog from me like you are used to, but in stead this anouncement of an amazing project of which I am very proud, if I may say so myself ;)
What is it?
This is a public street photography book project. There's a public Facebook group where participants can submit their finest street photography. A team of four curators will select the 100 best which will be published in a High Quality book along with a short description of the photographer.
Curators: Steven Gonzalez, Arek Rataj, Sandra Jonkers & Willem Jonkers
Become a participant in our Facebook group: We Street 2015
- This is a NON-profit initative. Me, nor the other curators will make any money of this project;
- By entering and submitting your photographs you automatically agree that you will not recieve any royalties or other income. You also automatically agree that your photograph will be published in this book and/or on a possible website or webpage dedicated to this project.
- A maximum of 3 photographs per member will be admitted to the group after curation;
- If your photograph will not show up in the group after one day, you can assume it hasn't been approaved to enter the group page. This is NOT open for discussion;
- Submition closes at October 1st;
- Submissions will be curated up front. So if you submit an image it will appearnin the group after one of the four curators has accepted it as good enough;
- The curators will have one or two of their best photographs published in the book;
- The book will be published through Blurb.com;
- The book will consist of 200 pages.
- If your photograph is selected for the book, we expect you to email us a high quality JPG image along with a short description about yourself. The image must be 1200px on the longest side, sharpened for printing and 240dpi resolution. The image size may not be bigger than 10MB. So we highly recommend shooting in RAW in order to be able to export a 240dpi JPEG afterwards.
This blog will be updated on a regular basis. If you have questions, ask them through the comment section below or through Facebook.
1. There is NO LIMIT anymore to PRE-SELECTIONS. This was a maximum of three and has been dropped.
2. We decided to add 200 foto's into the book in stead of 100 photographs with 100 stories about the photographers. This way you get more value for money. You buy the book for the photos, not for the stories. The name of the photographer and where the shot was taken will be published of course.
3. Multiple shots from one photographer can get published in the book.
4. You can also be selected for 'WE STREET 2015 Tog of the Week' and get published in the online magazine 'Eye Photo Magazine' from Stefan Cimer... This will go on for the duration of this project which in principle will end at November 1st.
It gets better and better as long as you keep submitting your very best folks!
We wish you all the best!